T Qualifications

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomatwark

Established Member
Reaction score
So the Chancellor has said they are going to replace 15000 different qualifications with 15.

So I guess we will be known as the country with skilled Jack of all trades and master of non.

I guess that the civil service thinks that this will work for them, as it will keep them in jobs handing out dole to a lot of unemployable people.

Also where are all the work placements going to come from.

We take the odd student form the local college but it does cause a disruption to the work flow.

Given the appalling decline in educational standards, something needs doing. Having a set of T (technical?) Levels for the less academic seems a good idea to me.

Inoffthered":2iublv9r said:
Given the appalling decline in educational standards, something needs doing. Having a set of T (technical?) Levels for the less academic seems a good idea to me.

I agree with you on this, but I fear that the 15 courses will be so diluted to get a bit of everything in, the end qualification will not be worth the paper it is written on.

You only have to look at what has replaced the traditional craft subjects in schools.

Everything has been greatly diluted already very few places take on "real" apprentices relying on the gap to be filled by east Europeans at present

themackay":1lfw6xyg said:
Everything has been greatly diluted already very few places take on "real" apprentices relying on the gap to be filled by east Europeans at present

The big problem with apprentices is the standard of the education system.

We have 3 at the moment who are great, all working towards qualifications.

Although we have just had to let another go as his work ethic was not up to scratch and the rest of the lads were complaining about him.

So it is not wonder a lot of firms will not take the risk.

Back