Strange morning!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Woke this morning to our Cul-de-sac cordened off with scenes of crime tape! It appears there was a fracas last night and someone has been injured or worse. Police won't say anything of course. Did have a job on this morning but can't get the car up to the house yet. Police interviewing all the neighbourhood for witnesses of what happened. We are still in the dark at the moment as to what did actually happen? It is like a scene from CSI at the moment with Police swarming over everything. What a start to the day! It is normally such a quiet Cul-de-sac too! :shock:
Oh, the white tent has just come down now so it looks like it may be back to normal soon.

Mailee

OK. Here I am, imagining Gil Grissom and his unusually attractive assistants creeping about the place with their little torches (why don't they ever switch the lights on?). We need an update, please!

Regards,

Its been on the news, apparantly a man was squashed to death by a very heavy hand made gate falling off its hinges, there looking for the maker. :lol:

10-15 years minimum they said :shock:

Hi Evergreen, Yes I can never figure that one myself. Well it appears that it was two men of Polish origin. I didnt' even know we had any Poles in our area? One of them a 26 year old has been murdered by the other, I have no idea why. At the moment the Police are still outside taking our names as we come and go, I am on first name terms with one of them now. :) Of course we have given a statement to the Police but not much we could say really not seeing anything. The house in question is a rented property and has just been recently rented so no one really knew them yet. As I stated I live in a quiet Cul-de-sac and dont see any trouble normally.

senior":13ds77u9 said:
Its been on the news, apparantly a man was squashed to death by a very heavy hand made gate falling off its hinges, there looking for the maker. :lol:

10-15 years minimum they said :shock:

=D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol:

mailee":2mq4pm2u said:
Woke this morning to our Cul-de-sac cordened off with scenes of crime tape! It appears there was a fracas last night and someone has been injured or worse. Police won't say anything of course. Did have a job on this morning but can't get the car up to the house yet. Police interviewing all the neighbourhood for witnesses of what happened. We are still in the dark at the moment as to what did actually happen? It is like a scene from CSI at the moment with Police swarming over everything. What a start to the day! It is normally such a quiet Cul-de-sac too! :shock:
Oh, the white tent has just come down now so it looks like it may be back to normal soon.

I had that bout 2 weeks back, a women had died @ the top of our round, bout 16:30 :lol: I was going to take my dog round the block(passed the alley) @ that time, but jut took her up the top instead. :lol:

It scary as well the first night, and if feels unreal that someone has died @ the top of you road.

Yes Carl it does seem strange to us that someone has actually died right outside our home! So far the Police are still outside logging the comings and goings of us all. I hope it is finished by the morning as I have a job on and need to load up the car. :(

No Problem Carl. I have some dado moulding and some skirting boards to fit tomorrow morning. I did have a section of worktop to fit today but have had to re-arrange that for one day this week instead. Oh well, I guess you get those days. :roll:

Mailee,

I'd heard that the problem was that they were poles apart . .

Hat, Coat, Door, Byeeee

:lol:

Steve

Evergreen":3c5fuz8r said:
Mailee

OK. Here I am, imagining Gil Grissom and his unusually attractive assistants creeping about the place with their little torches (why don't they ever switch the lights on?). We need an update, please!

Regards,

Why is it that our SOCO teams go around wearing white coveralls to stop contaminating the crime scene and yet in CSI they all wear Armani?

mailee":2pfap7hz said:
No Problem Carl. I have some dado moulding and some skirting boards to fit tomorrow morning. I did have a section of worktop to fit today but have had to re-arrange that for one day this week instead. Oh well, I guess you get those days. :roll:

I just wandered to see what sort of jobs Carpenters/you do.

Mailee,
You say you didn't know there were any poles in Grimsby. What do you think is stopping the telephone wires trailing on the floor? :lol: :lol:

I think I'll just leave me coat on in future. :lol:

cheers, sliver.

Roger Sinden":1t3uuk6l said:
Why is it that our SOCO teams go around wearing white coveralls to stop contaminating the crime scene and yet in CSI they all wear Armani?
Oversexed, overpaid and over there? :lol: Most of the detectives I've met look more like "Man from C&A" or Frost. I can't blame them really, after alll who wants to get blood or for that matter other noisome bodily fluids on a nice expensive suit......

Scrit

Back