Steve Maskery computer problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Maskery":36jkbl1h said:
Whoo-hoo!
There am I, doing nothing at all. when my Mac goes Ping. I have 46 emails, 2 of which are useful, and I can get to UKW and my own site again.

I have no idea how this hapens, but I'm glad it appears to be over.

Good to hear. Interestingly you are still listed on SORBS and I guess that we (certainly, I) had been assuming that this was the reason. But you are still listed on their blacklist and so I have no idea what is caused your problem. But, as you know, it has happened before and seemingly for the same reason...ie blacklisted somewhere or other. I've suggested it before and I will suggest it again. Move to a different server for your workshop essentials stuff and stop this nonsense happening once and for all.

But if it is a Virgin problem......who knows? Have you gone back to them for more information/explanation? Spoken to second-level support?

Perhaps it's worth pointing out here that Steve doesn't actually "own" the IP address in question.

It's Virgin's, and they do shift them around, to prevent people treating them as static (and running IP-based services, such as web/streaming servers, etc.). It's entirely possible that it was used as a source of spam in a "past life" elsewhere. I know Steve has only relatively recently got a proper wired internet connection on the premises, so he hasn't had that IP for all that long, and Virgin might have allocated it to him even more recently than that.

That's all true but I think someone said earlier that he's had the same ip for a while. Spam tends to get detected and blacklisted pretty quickly. Normally blacklisting doesn't happen by mistake. (It's possible that's Steve's IP has been spoofed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back