Steamy vintage event .....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolsntat

Yep, I collect tools and tat
Reaction score
19th, 20th June it was Ashby Magna Midsummer Rally. Ashby Magna between Hinckley and Lutterworth in Leicestershire just off the A426.

Last year there were 6 full size engines and a number of miniatures plus the usual mix of commercials, classic cars etc. A lovely friendly little rally. 8) 8)

Andy

Hmmm..

I went to Leicestershire the weekend before. I had to find Swithland...
When I did find the Main Street, I realised I had left the address I wanted at home in Brum.

I mobiled the Missus, but my battery went dead, despite having had an overnight charge before I left home. (I since got a new battery of course.)

But I never found the house I needed and had to turn round and come back home!

The things we do to get a bit of timber at the right price!. I am hopefully going back this weekend coming . At least I now know where I am going!

What a fantastic county you have btw., I could spend hours in some of the bits I saw, just taking pics and/or painting.

Regards

John :)

Now then John seems like the ideal opportunity to bring the missus out for the day and have a looksee around the area :D :D Check out Bradgate Park, its beautiful, especially down by the river 8) 8)
Recommend fish n chips on the way home at Market Bosworth (Batter of Bosworth) :wink:

Hope you get sorted this time....

Andy

Ps the show was nice and dry this time although it was perishing cold and windy Saturday :roll: Sum total of show "harvest" was a Stanley 113 compass plane, a Mercer type 2 model steam engine and another hobbies treadle lathe :D :D :D

Bradgate Park!

Well now, that was in the area I went to. Close to Beacon Hill, and an old, old windmill. As you say Beee---eautifulll area. Rolling countryside and plenty of trees. !

Isn't there a story about the oaks in Bradgate being topped, when Lady Jane Grey was executed? I heard that somewhere, and I have seen one or two pics of Bradgate Oaks that looked as if they had been 'pollarded'!

Yes, this weekend weather permitting, I might jut take my Lady along. She can help me load the roof rack! :lol:

Al the best

John

Back