Source for 'modern' staircase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience of and/or can recommend any suppliers of these? Quite a few websites out there and a bit hard to sort the wood from the trees. Any companies to avoid then please fell free to PM me if you'd rather.

Many thanks

Fair point. Stairs like these from here, for example. http://www.staircase.co.uk.

I sent them a brief spec. and got a faxed reply but since then all attempts at further communication have proved fruitless.

The main design problem is that the staircase wall is 50 degrees (actually 90 + 50 if you see what I mean)

There are many smallish, (usually family owned) building/joinery companies scattered about in most areas of the country. I'm sure there must be someone in your area? Have you checked the YP's?

Such companies would be your best bet for helpful face to face advice on a customised staircase, not an internet outlet IMO.

Ike

Ike

I'm not after a staircase from a joinery firm...if I went down that route I'd build it myself :wink: I'm after a more high-tech solution but will try YP as you suggest

EDIT - YP drew a complete blank.

Roger

Can you share your thoughts in more detail?

Modern as in something like this http://www.staircase.co.uk/prestige/majestic.html but my flight is very short as the floor to floor height is under 2m. So I'm only looking at about 7/8 treads with the top 3 probably kite shaped to turn around the non-90 degree angle and then 4/5 straight steps...using the highest allowable rise and shortest allowable going to reduce the footprint in the room below...as the room is very small.

:idea: I think I know of a possible solution... I'll come back to you shortly, hmmm .....

A friend installed a stair almost identical to these. They were a PITA to assemble but you have an enormously versatile solution as you have a range of rise and going dimensions (and of course because each 'joint is circular, it can follow any wall profile, and the treads can be reshaped if required (that's what I did for my mates installtion). As to style, well TBH on closeup inspection, I thought the pressed steelwork of his stair looked a bit .. well agricultural for want of a better description.

cheers,

Ike

Cor, Ike. They look very, very promising...not least of which is some decent technical gen.

I'll look into this in more detail next week.

Many thanks
Roger

Back