Some Stylish pens

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mu

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I would show you some pens realized from the same type kit

318980.jpg

318981.jpg

318982.jpg

318983.jpg

318984.jpg

318985.jpg

Some kinds of woods like cherry, boxwood and maple, the 5th was hand planed.

Let me know what you think, specially defects or what you dislike :lol:

Thankyou, Leo.

Nothing wrong with your workman ship but on a personnel note I'm not keen on the shape of the third one but thats just me lots of people like shapped pens also I'm not a lover of the kit I tried them a few years ago and I think the clip lets them down but again thats a personel thing as I have already said nothing wrong with your workman ship they look well turned and finished well done

they look good. a constant 'curve' and the correct size at the ends. my favourite would be the banded one (no.4) the others are a little too 'fat' for my tastes. that said, the last one with the two tone wood looks 'right', and its one of the larger ones. go figure!

Thanks for your opinion, I'm really pleased.

Woodie, I'm in the group of people who don't like the shape like the third but on the lathe I fell in this error... one of the first pen I gave :lol:

Nev, I like the "fat" pen, honestly the red one is too much. I did not want to remove too much wood because of its beauty but the result is an uncomfortable pen. Lesson learned.

Thank you again, Leo.

hi bit to thick for my liking, as others have said before they look nice,well finished , the important bit is what do you think about them =D>

I like no4 the best too.

The kit, personally, i think that ones goes better with acrylics, especially the more feminine purples and such.

Not keen on the waisted one, perhaps if it were waisted in the middle might look better?

Good work though, they look nicely finished.

Thankyou pip and Hitch.

The fourth is the result of a small crack at the end of the blank, so I added two pieces of wood with contrasting color... beginner's luck :lol:

Two more pens testing wood burning, the first in laburnum copied from a book, the second maple inspired from maori tattoos.

2012_08_05_01.jpg

2012_08_05_03.jpg

2012_08_07_01.jpg

2012_08_07_03.jpg

Love them both but the design on the second one is outstanding still not keen on the kit but that dont take anything from your craftsmanship well done

Thankyou Wood and Matt.

I used a pyrograph and a lot of patience :lol:

Another one but i promise that's the last one.

2012_08_18_01.jpg

2012_08_18_02.jpg

2012_08_18_03.jpg

2012_08_18_04.jpg

2012_08_18_05.jpg

In this pen partially turned and sculpted I've tried to simulate the shape of a crumpled tissue but is not good as I wanted. Despite the apparence is not uncomfortable, not for write a lot but it works.

Ciao!

Back