• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
Reluctant sale of the above. I bought it a little over a year ago, first time I tried it out the blade found a buried screw which took some chunks out of the blades. I got round to replacing these in summer and promptly took my finger tip off. I'm sure I'll regret selling it but at the moment I'm reluctant to use it and I need the space (I'm down to a 15" walk way which would have been fine in my youth, not now!

Obviously Elektra Beckum ceased to be some years ago so this is by no means a new machine. The chap I bought it from demonstrated with a warped and twisted piece of wood which he converted to something flat and square. He put a straight edge on the planer tables to demonstrate they were flat and parallel. He'd replaced the dust extraction boxes with shop built ones - not the prettiest looking of things but they serve the purpose well enough. He also replaced the original aluminium fence (included in the sale) with a solid and perfectly square shop built one - both can be seen in one of the photos.

In thicknesser mode, the crank handle can be a little stiff - especially settings thinner than 10mm. I applied a little oil but was worried about dust and shaving getting mixed in and maybe making the problem worse - maybe some WD40 would sort that out. Been watching them go on the auction site that no-one ever seems to like naming so looking for £300 for mine.

Buyer to collect please.

Attachments

• IMG_0051.JPG
    IMG_0051.JPG
    252.3 KB · Views: 1,186
  • IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 1,187
  • IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 1,187
Back