So you think you can hide in a crowd?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really amazing and scary at the same time what modern technology can do. I find it even more irritating though if one can be found on pics that are posted on facebook since one can easily get all information about a person in a couple of minutes. Glad I am not part of any social network...

Billy":2ewnj54y said:
It's really amazing and scary at the same time what modern technology can do. I find it even more irritating though if one can be found on pics that are posted on facebook since one can easily get all information about a person in a couple of minutes. Glad I am not part of any social network...

Hi Billy

I've done extensive research on you and can reveal that you live in Lincoln and are interested in woodwork! ;-)

AndyT":3njeskk2 said:
Billy":3njeskk2 said:

Hi Billy

I've done extensive research on you and can reveal that you live in Lincoln and are interested in woodwork! ;-)

You found that out quite quickly..... Took you just over an hour :shock: :lol:

Opps, late to the party I guess.. ;)

Well the thing is that you know just some minor details about me, whereas if I had a profile in a social network you could learn a lot more about me, my interests, my friends, my behaviour and probably also see pictures of me.

And no, I am not on the left, I am in the center wearing a black shirt with a "I hate mondays" printing on it.

But.................where's Wally?

Seen something very similar taken at Obama's inauguration speech. You could zoom into any face in a vast crowd.

dangles":3fgfipnf said:
I forgot to say that this camera is used in Canada but other countries have them

It's not (really) a high resolution camera, and it's not a spy technique - it's just a commercial thing.

It's simply a robot that uses a normal camera with a good telephoto (or zoom, but telephoto is better) lens, and takes a grid of photographs. Some reasonably straightforward software then puts all the tiles together to make a big image (or high resolution - it's big in terms of pixel count).

I've done similar things manually, but a robot is more patient than me!

Here's a guy leveraging up a 2 Mpix camera to make 40 Mpix photographs in 2008

http://edinburgh-property.blogspot.co.u ... -with.html

BugBear

bugbear":3jry8tjj said:
dangles":3jry8tjj said:
I forgot to say that this camera is used in Canada but other countries have them

It's not (really) a high resolution camera, and it's not a spy technique - it's just a commercial thing.

It's simply a robot that uses a normal camera with a good telephoto (or zoom, but telephoto is better) lens, and takes a grid of photographs. Some reasonably straightforward software then puts all the tiles together to make a big image (or high resolution - it's big in terms of pixel count).

I've done similar things manually, but a robot is more patient than me!

Here's a guy leveraging up a 2 Mpix camera to make 40 Mpix photographs in 2008

http://edinburgh-property.blogspot.co.u ... -with.html

BugBear

Precisely!

And if you look closely...there is a guy in the middle ground with three ears...four eyes...two mouths and a very very dislocated jaw!!! :mrgreen:

Jimi

Back