Small piece of work for someone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianD

Established Member
Reaction score
OK I give up as to why the pics do not show!!!! :evil:

Hi all,

I have a "customer" for some bathroom units who is looking for someone to build these as stipulated below.

Vanity Unit

VanityUnit.jpg

A Vanity Unit with two soft closing drawers.

A full covering white ceramic basin with mixer tap is to be purchased and supplied separately (for size fitting). The basin is deep and when the top draw is opened the underside of the basin is to be covered in order to protect the goods inside from underside of basin.

All visible door joints to be dowel pinned and finished.

Open to recommendations wrt finishing, bearing in mind this is a bathroom setting

Solid oak.
Dimensions.

Width: 705
Height: 625
Depth: 515mm

Bathroom Wall Storage Unit

BathroomWallUnit.jpg

This long corner unit has a right-hand size opening door (opposite to picture).

Two adjustable shelves of toughened glass and adjustable soft close hinges

All visible door joints to be dowel pinned and finished.

Open to recommendations wrt finishing, bearing in mind this is a bathroom setting

Solid Oak
Dimensions.

Height: 400mm
Width: 1105mm
Depth: 360mm

Requirement is one unit off each above. The buyer is to provide the basin for size fitting ensuring close fit for Vanity Unit. (Alternatively, if the supplier has contact and can supplier the exact basin [not mixer] as part of the lot – please price accordingly)

In addition, the units have to be
Delivered to SE26 and
wall and wall/floor fitted as appropriate
finished to be suitable for bathroom (agreed with purchaser)

Purchaser to supply handles for fitting as per the appropriate time. (Similar to picture.)

Please PM for further details and/or provide quotes

Cheers.

There you go I have fixed the picutres, DaveL with his MOD hat on.

The vanity unit has the styles and horizontals the wrong way round, very strange.
Looks like doors, switched to being drawer fronts
or am I just a traditionalist

Doctor":3mkd49zt said:
The vanity unit has the styles and horizontals the wrong way round, very strange.
Looks like doors, switched to being drawer fronts
or am I just a traditionalist

No, I agree they look wrong, but not as wrong as the horizontal grain in the panels of the wall unit.

If I wasn't so busy I'd probably be able to help you out Brian, but I'm afraid at the moment (and the foreseeable future) it's out of the question. I'm sure there's plenty of others here more than capable of fulfilling your needs.

Sorry, I can't help on this one but, I do agree with the comments above on the design. However, this appears to be something of a standard with mass-produced "oak" furniture these days - have a browse through what's available at John Lewis, for example, and you'll see what I mean. If veneered MDF was used for the panels then there'd be no problem.

Theres loads of bob for sale at the minute, I had an argument with some bathroom sales guy in porcolanosa, apologies for incorrect spelling. He tried telling me a particular bathroom sink unit was solid walnut, and that explained why it cost £2000! I couldn't believe what he was telling me, it was so obvious it was laminated, It wasn't even veneered, it was laminate. no endgrain in sight, and there sure as hell wasn't any miters to explain it either! I can't believe what people try and get away with.

Just ordered some tandembox components do make a very similar unit about 10 mins ago, but gloss white.

You won't get much in the top draw unless you have a Hep V O trap or use a Blum "sink draw" and are the draws to be DT oak or something else. Would also need details of what its hanging onto and where the waste pipes and supplies run

I've got a nice little Duravit vestle and a granite top going onto this one.

Jason

Guys , thanks for the responses.
I must say I am surprised at the overall lack of responses (other than yourselves) as there is a recession on. Isn't there?

It must be everyone is too busy or doing too well.

Oh well one tries to promote opportunities ....
:eek:

PS: thanks Steve for sorting out the links

Latest posts

Back