Slimline full extension slides sought

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9fingers

Established Member
Reaction score
Folks,

I want to add a slide-out shelf into an oak cupboard that is mounted at eye level.
The shelf will be about 18mm thick veneeered MDF with solid wood lipping all round. The loading will be computer scanner weighing only a few pounds.

Full extension drawer slides that I have found are quite deep and will be visually dominating and I'd like to avoid this if at all possible.
Ideally they will be brown and I need 300mm length when retracted.

I've trawled Isaac Lord catalogue and Ironmongery direct and not spotted the ideal solution yet.
Are there slides specifically designed for shelves?
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

TIA

Bob

Woodfit do a groove or side fit full extn runner thats 26mm high but at about £30 a pair not cheap. The shelf ones that come to mind are only single ext'n

Jason

There was once an article in, I think FWW, about making your own wooden full-length slides. If you have access to the FWW database (I don't) then you could search for it.

Probably not much help, I know.
S

Could you bottom mount so they are hidden from view by lipping on the shelf. Never tried it but just a thought.

Thanks all

DomValente":2wmvpz24 said:
I believe B&Q have what you're looking for.

Dom

DOM, Did you see these in normal B&Q or at one of their Depot warehouses?
We have once of each locally but in opposite directions!

Woodfit do a groove or side fit full extn runner thats 26mm high but at about £30 a pair not cheap.
According to thier website these are £53 a pair. I assume they come round and fit them for you for that money!!

All wood would be an interesting idea as is hiding the runners behind the lipping. Food for thought.

Thanks again

Bob

Norm made a drawer with the slide underneath the drawer bottom on one of his programs and it looked good.

The full ext'n runners that B&Q sell are the standard 50mm high ones, and what they do in brown are bottom mount single ext'n roller runners.

The £30/53 price difference is woodfit trade v retail, I'm happy to say I get them trade :D :wink: As they are 26mm high they could be completely hidden if you made the shelf say 30mm thick and recessed tham into the side lipping.

Jason

Back