Sleeve a Festool hose

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solidmind

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright, I was so tired that my Festool hose always got caught in something while using the tools, and I got this idea from a friend.

It works really well so I thought I should share it with u guys...

1. Tools needed
1_Tools.jpg

2. Co worker with Light saber
2_assist.jpg

3. Most important thing ( disclaimer: I do NOT recommend alcohol drinking and working with heavy machinery or any tools for that matter!)
3_first_thing.jpg

4. Alright Lets get down to business. Insert the cable into the hose
4_Cabel_in.jpg

5. Bend it backwards along the hose
5_Cabel_finished.jpg

6. Pull the sleeve over the hose and cord and start feeding
6_Sleeve.jpg

7.There is actually quite a bit of space. A too tight fit would make it to stiff I imagine
7_space.jpg

8. Remember to have more cord than hose, so that it can reach the connector on the machine
8_Sleeve_done.jpg

9. Finished it off with some electrical tape. This is what I had at home so this will do for now
9_ducttape.jpg

10. Wrap it up!
10_wrap.jpg

end.jpg

Have to get back on the size thing, I got sleeves for both the 35 mm and 27mm hose. I bought it at an electronic store here in Sweden and it didn´t cost that much

Here´s another example with a grey sleeve (hrrm, wonder if I could get pink sleeves? )

33666d1258913872-kabelstrumpa-foer-dammsugarslang-strumpa.jpg

Also available in Festool green from Techflex.
I used the Heatshrinking tubing to secure the sleeving.

PETcolors.jpg

Very nice. I really like the sleeve idea. You can of course by clamps and cable clips to do a similar thing but, you really need several of them to compete with this idea, or else either the cable or lead will still manage to get in the way. :)

OPJ":a3wcfcvv said:
Very nice. I really like the sleeve idea. You can of course by clamps and cable clips to do a similar thing but, you really need several of them to compete with this idea, or else either the cable or lead will still manage to get in the way. :)

I think what the OP was referring too was the predeliction of the ribbed hose catching on either the workpiece, bench or guide rail thus causing a few issues. Cable ties will not help that situation.

Using a boom arm, festools is expensive for what it is, but a home made one will do as good a job, will reduce these issues considerably.

Anyone have links to a UK supplier of the sleeves? Added to my set up it would be very helpful.

Rob.

Solidmind":dha9eruo said:
Alright, I was so tired that my Festool hose always got caught in something while using the tools, and I got this idea from a friend.

It works really well so I thought I should share it with u guys...

That works well but for a better finish on the sleeve ends use Shrink fit sleeve.
3933281904_951b92ab62_z.jpg

I also prefer the Festool green sleeve & FWIW you can use the same size for both 27mm and 36mm hoses

5022173330_756be2dd5a.jpg

3933247680_91ef23966f.jpg

More info http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-tools-accessories/hose-cord-combos/?all

Thank you for the tip Solidmind.

I bought the following from CPC in the UK:
CB1319311 – 10 meters black braid expandable from 28 to 47mm - £11.40

CB0970111 – 5 meters black heat shrink tubing, shrinks from 50.8mm to a minimum of 25mm - £10.06

Jack (W)

Back