Sketchup - keyboard shortcuts?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I don't feel so bad about having paid now. The ability to print to scale is really useful, I use it to print out full size templates (on several pp of A4 to be stuck together of course, I don't have a cut roll printer!).

I'm not a Ruby whiz, in fact I'm not a Ruby anything but from what I've seen on the SU Ruby forum, it doesn't appear that dimensioning related stuff is accessible via Ruby. It might be possible to have a Ruby basically do the keystrokes required to shift to mm from inches.

Nice idea Paul - something to look at maybe. I would only need a script which deleted the shift-2 shortcut on startup ... Thanks Dave - I've not even glanced on SU's Ruby capabilites yet ...
Nick - I think this printing limitation of GSU is the most relevant to woodworking I have to say. There may be ways around it - will have to see.
Cheers
Gidon

I'm trying to teach myself Ruby at the moment. What a wierd combination of ultra-sharp-edge, hardcore Object Orientedness and pre-windows, text based code editing facilites! 8-[

From what I can see in the class documentation, there doesn't appear to be any way of editing shortcuts - though I may be wrong about that.

I really, really wish there was an object model diagram though. It seems odd for a drafting package not to have a graphical representation of this - just a continuation of the wierdness I suppose. :roll:

Latest posts

Back