Skarsten Scrapers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoungSalt

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, as we all know skarsten are sadly no more. I repair and restore old wooden boats for a living, many of these are made of mahogany, so scraping of old finishes and colour scraping are daily occurances for me. I have recently had an 'older gent' come and do some work for me, but all he keeps going on about is how much better he felt the old scarsten scrapers were in getting into the difficult spots and how he would prefere using them. In particular he was referring to the models of scraper with long metal necks called skarsten junior and senior scrapers which can be used with a heat gun without risk of melting (unlike my Harris scrapers!). We also have some intricate beads and groves to reinstate, for which the skarsten contoured blades would be exceptionally handy. I have searched all the usual gumtree, ebay etc places to try and find some and 1) keep this chap happy abd stop him complaining about my bahco and Harris scrapers! And 2) put what he has said to the test and get the job done as quickly and effectively as possible. I don't suppose anyone has any old ones lying around that they might be willing to part with? Or equally does anyone know of a shop with some old skarsten stock who might be able to help? Thanks in advacef for anyone who takes the time to read this and might have a helpful suggestion! Ed

Thank you for the thought Alex, but believe me I have been all over Google without any joy! Only links to things that sold on eBay that I missed and alternatives that aren't what I am looking for! Thanks for the thought though :)

There's a metal handle skarsten blow torch scraper on ebay at the moment - Vintage Skarsten Blow Torch Scraper 1 1/2" 38mm No 301/20 new old stock.

I can't seem to post a link, but Ebay item number is 262085854665

Rob

Thank you for the replies folks. Bod, I have rung around every shop I can find, but no luck. Anyone got any suggestions of a likely retailer? Matt - I've never heard of them but will look them up, so thanks for the suggestion. Last but not least, Rob, that is exactly what I am looking for, thank you, I will contact the seller in the morning! Cheers everyone, Ed

Latest posts

Back