SIP 12 1/2 inch thicknesser belt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary M

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have just burnt out the drive belt on my SIP 12 1/2" thicknesser model no 01333. having been to my local SIP stockist to buy /order another belt,
alas they don't have one :cry:
they tell me that SIP after sales are a nightmare, and could take anywhere from two weeks- two months :shock:
i cant wait that long !!

can anyone suggest an SIP stockist that would carry this belt (part number 139 J belt) or be able to supply one quicker than my supplier [-o<

i took the thicknesser with me to the stockist and we tried several thicknesser belts. the electra beckum belt seemed to fit, but it was rubber and started to melt when we tried it :shock:

your help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Gary

i thought of that, unfortunately the old belt got burnt right through, so i dont really know the exact size,
there is no adjustment for tightening, and im not sure what it is made of,
the rubber one we tried started to melt.
the old belt is a sort of transparent pinkish colour which feels like a sort of plastic.

It maybe worth looking at other budget models of your thinknesser, alot of SIP tools are what i can only called royalty free designed tools, It where a manufacture offer other manufactures to use there tools just with a logo and colour change,

The the SIP 1500wat router for example, that same design right down to how it works, what it comes with and how its built is identical to the JCB 1500w one the PowerPlus 1500w one and im sure there are other DIY brands that have taken advantage of this router design.

Anyway my point..
If you look at other brands of your machine you may find one thats the same everything just a different logo and brand, if you do you can try and get a belt from them.

Thanks guys,
have ordered through tools by post, you cant buy direct from SIP unless you have a trade account, they refered me straight to their mail order supplier,

Belt costs where £14.28 +vat and a postage cost of £6.00 :shock:

I had sent an email to a very helpful fellow called Barry at tools by post, asking if he could give me a better price-- £13.98 inc vat and £4.70 postage.
The postage costs are set by SIP as the belt will be sent directly by them.
A bit costly , but what can you do !!

The moral of the story :
Don't try to take too much off in one pass :oops:

On pricing and quotes, also be aware of how many times Vat has been added when going the 'supplier quote/stockist order' route, I have been caught out in the past by the local stockist adding Vat on top of the suppliers Vat-inclusive quote when forced to order odd items through a suppliers recommended stockist.

(items were collected for me, and petrol costs to correct would have been double the saving but I was tempted on principle)

And yes suppliers, I know why you insist on giving your stockists the custom, just sometimes they are less than helpful especially when one or two gallons of petrol are involved in collecting the item.

Back