shower baskets - driving me mad!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoatyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a nightmare

my obviously cheap and poor quality mild steel chromed shower basket/caddy which hangs in the corner of the shower cubicle has of course rusted - which is fine it was cheap.

so I thought i'd look for a stainless steel one so I don't have to replace every 18 months - WOW how expensive and none I actually like that I can find - Is stainless really that hard to manufacture and expensive? surely they're saving on costs by not having to chrome them?

anyway actual question some sites are pushing brass ones chrome plated as non rust - some of you guys seems to have 'metal' experience would chromed brass be up to it do you reckon

TIA - Pete

Cheers guys - I just need the metal one while I design and build the wooden one (LOL)!

Thanks for the link instantly I see one I like

I must have spent four hours searching and getting nowhere

regards

Had the same problem and replaced 3 cheaper chromed steel ones in quick succession then bought a chromed brass one from a dealer on ebay 3 years ago and there isn't a mark on it - 'nuff said.

Bob

Back