• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Short Hand Drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikegtr

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
A quality short hand drill for use in small spaces, in good working condition. A good example would be, say, to fit between joists type size. (But not for that use.) A hand drill shorter than the normal average 12" length size. Send me a PM with total length of drill. With photo if possible. Price?

Thanks.

Telling us the size of holes you want to drill would be helpful. There are braces designed to drill between joists (1/4"/6mm holes and up, generally). Short eggbeater drills are harder to find.

You can get 90 deg attachments for your drill although not sure how strong they are for drilling wood of any decent width or depth ( not to mention the hole size) a better option would be a dedicated 90 deg drill battery or corded but depends on your intended use .

For a hand drill, there used to be a ratchet brace variant that had no crank, the knob just above the ratchet, and a lever instead to work back and forth. Quite quick when used withself feeding (short) auger bits.
Some chippies like a standard impact driver, as these are both short and powerful, and short auger types with hex shanks would fit. True right angle power drills are usually more twist drill only, often with only 10mm chucks.

1683980188267.png
1683980207399.png

Would these be any use? They aren't for sale but they are tiny!

Leytool is the hard to read brand name on the back.

21cm from top of the curved handle to the tip of the chuck.

Found a couple in my local second hand tool shop this morning and I'm going to use them for teaching. I have seen larger versions on ebay, but don't remember seeing the small one.

Latest posts

Back