Shelving Unit (Who sprays?)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kieran62

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning,

I've been asked to make a wall/shelving unit, something like this.
shelving section.jpg

60 mm shelves with dims.jpg

The making isn't going to be a problem (I hope); but the clients have asked for a perfect, high gloss finish and I don't think I'm up to it with my equipment or technique.
Do any of the members in the North East, know, or have used a company who could spray this for me?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Kieran

Attachments

• 60 mm shelves with dims.jpg
    60 mm shelves with dims.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 164
  • shelving section.jpg
    shelving section.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 164
Thanks for the replies guys,

No Skills;Was going to leave them separate until they'd been sprayed. Not too sure about my abilities with a spray gun, I've got an Earlex HVLP, but I've never been happy with the flatness of my finish. Clients are VERY picky about the finish they want.

Clive; I like the idea, but, they want 60mm thick shelves and uprights and not to see any seams, looking at the site the panels come in thicknesses between 4 and 18 mm, not sure how it would work wrapped around a core over 1200mm without movement.

Thanks

Kieran

Perhaps you can wet sand between the top coats and a buffing pad on a sander to finish, or maybe just do the prep and priming and go see a body shop to do the top coats.

Some searching round on vehicle refinishing/forums might help.

FWIW

No skills, thanks for that :D
Didn't even think about doing part of the job and getting an auto spraying company to do the final finishing. :oops:
I'm going to put it down to the tablets.

Thanks for your help
Kieran

Latest posts

Back