shed workshop advice?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's all the insulation...

IMG_3237_zpssmo9ox6f.jpg

started on the floor, using the 70mm thick board, isnt the easiest process to fit. Any small gaps I've tried to fill with expanding foam

IMG_3258_zpsdyxq6o4d.jpg

IMG_3259_zpshoim6foy.jpg

The floor was finished last weekend, with moisture resistant 18mm flooring chipboard from wickes. next stage is insulating the walls and ceiling, and wiring. Trying to decide whether to put the wiring in first, and board out, or fit it later using plastic trunking. will post more pics when I've made some progress :)

Its looking good. For your wiring I like the idea of large trunking around the top and plastic conduit drops to surface mounted sockets and switches. Relatively easy to do and easy to change in the future. Plus you remove the risk of hitting a cable with a screw if it is behind the board.

Also consider oversizing the supply cable, you will only put it in once then and the additional cost of a larger cable is small in the overall scheme of things.

Kevin

Looking good Eifers. In one of the 1st pix the shop looks too narrow but that must be an optical
illusion 'cos in the rest it looks fine.

I'm lucky enough to have a built-in cellar ("standard" here) but often still look at the shed build threads with interest (all that open space without any "junk" like CH boiler, oil tank, washing machine, etc "wasting" useful working space)!

P.S. I like the foreman :D

AES

Latest posts

Back