Serious injury :(

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
OK I was being stupid.

Was I using an unguarded dado blade? No.

Was I using my fingers instead of a push-stick? No.

Was I lugging heavy boards in open-toed sandals? No.

However, I was changing a pillow case, holding the pillow in one hand and pulling th slip on with the other. My grip slipped and my pulling hand flew up and hit me in the face. I have a black eye.

SWMBO just fell about laughing. So much for the caring NHS.

That's the last time I do any housework.

S

Does this mean that you're going to start insisting that pillowcases carry a government safety warning?

Big girls blouse springs to mind :lol: think you need to edit to a better storyline

You're lucky - I spotted this today:

A Hong Kong woman who blinded her boyfriend in one eye in a fight six years ago has now been jailed for jabbing a chopstick into his other eye.

The woman, Po Shiu-fong, accused her long-time boyfriend Kwok Wai-ming, of having an affair.

During the argument, Po stabbed a plastic chopstick into his left eye, which she had already blinded six years ago when she poked it with her finger.

A local paper says: "Po became hysterical when she saw the wound and mopped it with a towel. The pair then went to bed."

"The next morning they had another argument in which she grabbed a chopstick and stabbed Kwok's right eye."

The man then received medical treatment and filed a police report against Po, who he was dating since 1993.

The paper said he didn't report the attack six years ago, telling the court his silence was "a love sacrifice".

Kwok has lost 10 to 20 percent vision in his right eye.

Po has now been sent to jail for six months.

I hope you're going to enter it into the accident book. Maybe you should do a risk assessment before you undertake any household tasks. :wink:

Never underestimate the chances of hitback!

Perhaps you should have been wearing your safety glasses??

:lol: :lol:

Dave

Steve,

That certainly beats "I walked into a door". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Easiest thing is to agree with SWMBO in the first place!

Note to self: at Notts bash be polite to Steve's wife and be ready to duck

steve, well you will play with dangerouse toys, keepin the workshop in future its safer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to hear about your mishap Steve

Must be the first time the pillow has won in a pillow fight :lol:

So you won't be filming for a few days then :roll:

Thanks for giving my SWMBO a laugh, she could do with one just now, the Tax Man has decided he wants to check her books. :evil:

Glad you've all had a laugh.

Nick W":lp5o8ma5 said:
So you won't be filming for a few days then :roll:

Actually I've finished. Done. Over. Complete. As I type this, the very first burn of the very first DVD is happening in my PC. Whooooo!

There's lots of testing to do yet, but if it all works as it should (I think I've got the menus working properly) then I'm actually on schedule. It's quite scary, but very exciting.

Ooh, burn just finished! I'm dead beat, but I just have to see if it works!
:)
S

About 10 years ago, I suffered a fairly serious bedding related accident.

I was lying in bed, half asleep in the morning. The duvet was halfway down my chest and I was cold. Expecting it to move freely, I gave a tug on the duvet (which it turned out was wrapped around my feet) and somehow managed to twist my arm in exactly the right way to dislocate my shoulder.

The shoulder went back in OK, but hurt for days after.

Aye - well there was the time Ah broke me leg...
yerl all remember the time when Teddy Boys were the rage...
Well Ah was one...
Had the full kit...
Lang drape coat and winkle-pickers
running to catch the last bus at 11 oclock
an got me foot caught in me coat pocket...
Yu nivver naw - d'yer...
Jedo

Many years ago, I was chasing my new bride around the house, eventually cornered her in the bedroom and in one fluid movement, accompanied by much giggling, she fell back on the bed and I threw myself on top of her, trouble was that she brought her knees up and I fell off with three cracked ribs.
When you're in pain and someone's crying with tears of laughter running down their face and saying they're sorry you just don't believe them.

Dom

Latin lovers, eh? :roll: Careful now, we don't want the mods lopcking this thread :oops:

Scrit

Steve, I just saw this.

Sorry you had to get a black eye out of this. This does prove that it is safer in the woodshop. They say that 90% of all accidents happen at home. The shop doesn't come into it at all.

Now, if you want to get out of doing the laundry, throw something bright red in with the whites and use hot water to wash. I guarantee the Mrs. won't let you near the washer again. :lol:

Well Steve, look on the bright side, you now have the perfect excuse to avoid any 'domestic' duties in future :lol: :lol:

Back