Second hand value of Lie-Nielsen planes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Smith

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of selling a couple of my L-N planes and I was wondering what sort of second hand value they have, as a rough proportion of the retail price.

Has anyone seen any sold on ebay and what sort of price do they go for?

Thanks for any help.

Keith

They are very poor prices secondhand Keith, worth next to nothing I'm afraid, but I'll do you a favour and take them off your hands for you as I'm sure they are just in your way........ :lol:

Cheers, Paul :D

Keith
Most of the L-N's planes I've seen on Ebay go for almost retail prices - sometimes even more!!! :roll:
So go for it!
Cheers
Philly :D

chisel":1eik9xpo said:
They are very poor prices secondhand Keith, worth next to nothing I'm afraid, but I'll do you a favour and take them off your hands for you as I'm sure they are just in your way........ :lol:

Cheers, Paul :D

Oi! get in line :wink:

Seriously though, Philly's right, on the rare occasion they come up for grabs on EBay people pay silly money. Although thats true of other stuff as well, seems to be an EBay mentality I don't get. A friend of mine recently sold the guts out of his 2 year old computer for more than the cost of the bang up to the minute replacements - go figure!!

I bet if you posted them on here at sensible prices they'd be gone before you had time to make a cuppa.

What have you got anyway - might be in the market myself.

MArk

Watch out Keith, I see the sharks circling already :wink:

Scrit

Paul that was what I thought :^o :lol:

Philly thanks, I had no idea they would go for so much, which is bad news for anyone wanting to buy them :roll:

I've got someone coming round next week to have a look and a play with them and, as he was the first to contact me, he has the first option.

Mark the planes I have are;

Low angle jack,
No.507 rebating block and
No.97 small chisel plane

Scrit, circling, I've been cut off at the pass already :lol:

Thanks Kieth, I would have been interested in the 507 if I hadn't just bought a Veritas LA block plane, and I'm getting a 5 1/2 (albeit a Clifton - I think) for my B'day tomorrow followed by (a little bird tells me) a Clifton 3110 in a couple of weeks when I see the rest of my family. It'd be hard to justify the expense just at the mo' for similar (I know, I know, not quite the same tools - but you get the picture).
Now if you'd said you had a No.4..... oops did I say that out loud? :wink:

I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a new home for them.
Mark[/i]

You might be interested in THIS thread Keith. Two posts where the price was higher than buying new.

On the other hand I bought THIS from the USA ebay at the very end of the thread on page 1. So not all sales are sky high.

I also bought a LN large shoulder plane from the USA ebay for about 3/4 of what new price is here and that included £28 postage.
:?

Keith Smith":2oepuun9 said:
I'm thinking of selling a couple of my L-N planes and I was wondering what sort of second hand value they have, as a rough proportion of the retail price.

Has anyone seen any sold on ebay and what sort of price do they go for?

Thanks for any help.

Keith

I sold one a while back and lost about £30 after 2 years of use. Reserve or starting bid should see you OK

Lord N I need buyers like that :lol:

Tony not much chance of them being on ebay :roll: :lol:

Scrit was absolutely right as usual.

Can I ask that no one else PMs me about the planes, I have a queue of people interested even though I have decided to sell them at 150% of the Axminster price :lol:

Latest posts

Back