Sealey 1302 tensioner handle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiecrawford

Established Member
Reaction score
My tension handle has bent! I'm not the strongest bloke going, but bent it is. Never having used a scroller before, and not having someone to show me their machine, I'm worried that I've been over-tensioning. When you're told to tension until the blade makes a definite note, online, it's hard to now where exactly to stop. I've been aiming at a high note. Anyway, I'll be contacting them to see if I can get it replaced, but wondered if anyone replaces theirs with something tailor-made, with a bit more welly?

having had a 1302 for many years before passing to Grandson , not sure what you mean as "bent" as once you have set tension you just flip lever when replacing blade
on the blade tensioning matter there are other ways to ensure correct tension than a "C" note
you could use an eraser tipped pencil and apply sideways pressure to blade so blade moves one eighth of an inch( ish)

John

I don't think I explained it very clearly. I'm not good at descriptions, never have been!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 630
I know those handles are only a bit of bent tin, but that didn't really ought to have happened. I would have thought the blade would have snapped before the handle could bend, although it might be possible with enough tension with a #7 or bigger blade fitted.

Blimey Jamie did you find yourself turning green and your shirt ripping when you tightened it! 9-)

Ha, I can barely open a jar of pickled onions, me :) I've been using 5s mainly, maybe two 7s, so nothing too challenging. I can only think I've had bad luck and got a weak component. Too busy to contact them before next week, I hope they agree that it's their fault and not mine. Right, I'm off for another can of spinach..... ;)

Amazing!!! Would not have believed it possible to bend the arm like that. Would definitely send photo to Sealey I bet it's a first

John

Sealey have sent me a PDF so I can identify the part (I thought 'tensioning arm' was fairly descriptive!) which I can then buy! For a one month old machine! Cheeky sods. I shall wait til after Christmas and contact them again, somewhat more stridently.

Latest posts

Back