Scroll saw recomendation ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate this is drifting a little away from scroll saws, but as Malcolm said in his post (the one before yours), have you tried the band saw blades from (Tuff Saws).

Malcolm recommended them to me I am glad to say. To say they cut like a hot knife through butter is an understatement.

I have just been to their Web site this evening to order more ¼”blades. I get as tight a turn as I want with this width of blade.

Take care.

Chris.

Hi Chris,
My Startrite Bandit 12S1 would work well for scrolls if I used a smaller blade, for sure.
I think it would need some new blade rollers though, the old ones are...old.
Or perhaps you can take the rollers apart and grease the bearings ?
Usually I've bought the blades from Axminster, not sure what the smallest blade my saw will take.
Perhaps 'Tuffsaw' blades are better.

There's still room in my workshop for a good scroll saw, as some of the work is curvy and fine.
Thankfully, a colleague has alerted me to his Hegner, I'll be buying it later this year all being well.
Cheers.

BenCviolin":swdos0y9 said:
Hi Chris,
My Startrite Bandit 12S1 would work well for scrolls if I used a smaller blade, for sure.
I think it would need some new blade rollers though, the old ones are...old.
Or perhaps you can take the rollers apart and grease the bearings ?
Usually I've bought the blades from Axminster, not sure what the smallest blade my saw will take.
Perhaps 'Tuffsaw' blades are better.

There's still room in my workshop for a good scroll saw, as some of the work is curvy and fine.
Thankfully, a colleague has alerted me to his Hegner, I'll be buying it later this year all being well.
Cheers.

Any scope (room, budget) for a dedicated 3 wheel bandsaw with a narrow (by bandsaw standards) blade?

BugBear

Not sure about 3 wheelers.....are they reliable ? :) (Robin reliables...boom boom)

Yeah, that 'crimsonguitars' guy likes cardboard boxes but it's good to see how the Hegner works, thanks.

BenCviolin":s9dl70g9 said:
Not sure about 3 wheelers.....are they reliable ? :) (Robin reliables...boom boom)

3 wheelers are notorious for snapping blades, due to the tight(er) radius
of the small wheels, compared to a two wheeler of equal throat.

They're really only any real good on narrower, more flexible blades.

Of course, that's exactly what you want to use. :D

BugBear

Latest posts

Back