Scheppach Basato 3 blade guides

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
They certainly won't fit "as is". From the look of the Axi ones I suspect you'd have to remove the rear clamp part of the castings and make some sort of interface to the chassis/post brackets on the Basato (I'm looking at the blown up diagram in the manual for mine). I think it would be a gamble and see how it goes. Certainly a lot of metalwork hacking needed :) You might get better mileage making replacement "inserts" in the existing guide frames and use diy block guides? Easiest may be just to replace with Scheppach ones... I don't know how expensive their spares are though.
Good luck
Boz

Rog,
when you say the guides are shot, what exactly do you mean by the word shot I've had a Basato 3 for a few years and the only trouble I've had,
was Graunch marks on the rear guide from the back of the blade.
I take it out, flatten the face on some emery cloth on the table, remount it and carry on. What's the problem with yours?

John. B

Hello Rog,

like John B, I used to flatten mine when they wore and eventually I got a new set direct from NMA Tools in Yorkshire.
However, since I fitted a "Meat & Fish" blade from Sharpquip, I've had very little wear.
I now suspect that I was pushing the wood too hard and causing the damage to the guide wheels through using lower quality blades.

David Ward :) :) :)

I'll be watching this with interest as I've long thought that the design of the rear guide is the most naff engineering design since...well, I'm metaphor-less. I've got the Basato 5 and guess the guides are similar (sound like it). Only I can go one better! I get sparks off of mine from all that lovely metal on metal graunching. Also Sprach Zarathustra Durch Technik.

Inadequate tension x excessive feed speed for blade sharpness

Back