saw blade advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erik

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
i have recently purchased an axminster TS-200 saw bench. i have used it for the first time today and i am not too impressed with the sawblade supplied.
can anyone recommend a decent all-round saw blade to replace it ? ie make, type number of teeth, etc
also the riving knife seems to be wider than the kerf of the blade causing me to have to force the workpiece through, surely this cant be right.
regards
erik

The axminster cat lists 3mm thick blades if the riving knife is thicker you should talk to them.But first check its in line with the blade and not off set .
I like CMT blades others have other preferences .

Are you certain it's the riving knife thickness that's the problem?
Have you checked to see if the fence is parallel to the blade?
Is the riving knife vertical and on the same line as the blade?
I use exclusively Freud blades and would recommend them to any one.

Roy.

hi guys
thanks for the replies
yes i did check that the riving knife was in alignment with the blade and parallel to the fence but i didn't check it for vertical (just assumed that it would be) i'll look at that tomorrow
erik

I also set the fence, where adjustable, to give more clearance at the rear of the blade than the front, I would also suggest a short subfence.

Roy.

hi matt
those blades look good but i notice that they are only 2.8mm kerf. if my riving knife is 3mm thick wont this make my other problem worse? or can i get a riving knife to suit?
regards
erik

A report in today's SundayTelegraph from a group called Visit Wales states that many English repondents say Wales has nothing but bad weather, that the Welsh are rude, and that they start speaking Welsh as soon as they are in the company of the English.
I have ony one thing to say about that.
pineapples!

Roy.

3mm does sound like a very fat riving knife on a 200mm saw, especially if the supplied blade is substantially thinner.

Perhaps a phone call to Axminster is in order, if it's correct they'll soon tell you and explain why, and if it's a batch defect or something of that ilk then they'll be grateful to know about it as soon as possible.

Digit":6gg9ozvj said:
A report in today's SundayTelegraph from a group called Visit Wales states that many English repondents say Wales has nothing but bad weather, that the Welsh are rude, and that they start speaking Welsh as soon as they are in the company of the English.
I have ony one thing to say about that.
pineapples!

Roy.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Latest posts

Back