Sat Navs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi all, i have had tom toms for the last 3 years. but i found that tom tom customer support is sheer ****, CHECK OUT THE NEW GARMIN NUVI 660
it has a very good write up , i think tom tom will be worried. ps i do 400 miles a week. i started with tom tom go, then tom tom 300, then tom tom 700. then the new tom tom 910( loads of probs) now back to tom tom 700 with speed cams and bridge heights supeeeeeeer, hope this helps.

woodbloke":3ans0pu7 said:
Agree - if you have a heated front windscreen then an external ariel is a must - Rob

The TomTom One uses the Sirf-III chipset which is more sensitive. I have not had any problems with it in my Mondeo with heated windscreen. No external aerial needed.

I think the x10 series may have it as well but am not sure. As far as I know the x00 series does not.
Andrew

satnav.jpg

Sorry :wink:

For what it's worth, I use TomTom Navigator 5 on my pda linked to a 'Clip-On' bluetooth gps unit and am very impressed with it.

V.

I've got a Garmin i3 (99 quid from carphone warehouse) and its been great so far. Depends how good your eyesight is though, as the screen is a little small. 99% of the time I know no problem (my eyesight isn't brilliant) and the direction arrow and voice prompts make sure you'll always go the right way.

I bought my dad a Garmin Nuvi 300 (180 quid from Amazon) for christmas and its really nice (had a quick go with it before wrapping it up). Touchscreen is nice and the display is superb. Think I may be borrowing it a lot after xmas :lol:

I use a HP Ipaq 6915with built in GPS and TomTom Navigator. Works really well and is your phone too. Bit more money but if you need a phone upgrade (+++) too :).
I've tried a few others (Mapopolis and another I can't remember what) on old PDA's - but I have found, round here anyway, TomTom works best - and is the most straightforward to use.
Cheers
Gidon

Back