Sarre Plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Sorry Andy - I'm also eager to see how it performs but I have some other demands on my time now.

I've never used Corian but I'd like to give it a try. It certainly looks good in Mad Bad Pete's planes.

Not a problem!

My own track record for finishing anything quickly is hardly sparkling... :oops:

I got the chance to sharpen the blade this morning and tried out the plane.

Attachments

• IMG_2957C.jpg
    IMG_2957C.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 1,062
  • IMG_2954C.jpg
    IMG_2954C.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 1,062
  • IMG_2951C.jpg
    IMG_2951C.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 1,062
  • IMG_2948C.jpg
    IMG_2948C.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 1,062
Oh wow!

Very very nice. And so tiny! I'd not paid attention to the scale on the drawings. What's it like to hold? One hand or two?

Thanks Andy.

Holding using one hand and a thumb works quite well but one hand only is also possible.

Attachments

• IMG_2963C.jpg
    IMG_2963C.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 1,036
  • IMG_2959C.jpg
    IMG_2959C.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 1,036
Very fine work again Richard, and nice to see that box find its purpose. This is a Saxon block plane really I suppose (size-wise). It does look tiny next to the Silchester, but then again, that is a brute!

A fascinating and very enjoyable post and brilliant photos also. I'm amazed at your workmanship.

John

Thanks Douglas and John.

condeesteso":3lnevolr said:
Very fine work again Richard, and nice to see that box find its purpose. This is a Saxon block plane really I suppose (size-wise). It does look tiny next to the Silchester, but then again, that is a brute!
Thanks again for the box, Douglas - a fine piece of wood and much more pleasant to work than bone would have been :)

Latest posts

Back