Sad times.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul.J

Established Member
Reaction score
Raffles our very spotty Dalmation was put to sleep last Thursday :cry:
After many many visits to the vets and lots of treatment we finally came to the very difficult decision of having him put to sleep,he was suffering to much in the end.
The house seems so empty now without him,and i have lost my companion in the workshop.He was always their,always first in.
Here are a couple of pictures of him in better times.

Asleep in one of his favorite rest places.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm very much a doggy person and my heart is bleeding for you, Paul.

Gill

Doggy person here too. Very sad for your loss. I'd be mortified if one of ours went.

:(

How very sad my heart goes out to you and your family it is always devastating losing a family pet,

Nigel

Paul,
I remember how I felt when we had two of our dogs put to sleep in the past, so my thoughts are with you.

Malc :(

I'm so sad to hear of your loss Paul, what a brave and heartbreaking decision to have made, my sympathies are with you, no doubt, I will have to go through the same trauma someday, my two best friends spend hours in the shed with me despite the noise they don't bat an eyelid, theres alot to be said for trust between man and dog, Good luck mate.

Regards,

Rich. :(

Paul, sad news, but I think it can be a kindness when their suffering gets too much, but does leave a big hole.
I am currently making a box for one of the girls who works with me to hold the ashes of her best friend, being a dog person there was no way I was going to refuse.

Remember the good times, walks, runs, cuddles and licks.

Regards,

Dave

Thank you for all your kind words,they are all appreciated.
We all knew that this time was coming soon but it doesn't matter how much you try to prepare yourself for it,it still hit's you hard.

Filsgreen wrote
how long did you have him for?
We had Raff for 11-1/2 happy years,which is not bad going i suppose.

Paul

I'm very sorry to hear your sad news. As I've always been told 'they're here for a good time, not a long time'. There's not much anyone can say to make you feel better.

My thoughts are with you.

Cheers

Tim

Sad news indeed, I truly feel for you. The feeling of losing a companion like this can never be explained. Some may say that they are only an animal, but it's only when they are gone you realise that they were so much more.

Take comfort that he will no doubt be in a much better place now, chasing all those rabbits that he used to dream about.

Cheers

Mark

Paul , sorry to here the sad news :(

Best cure is the sound of little feet

so when is the new puppy arriving :lol: :p :p

I know you can never replace a dog , as they all have there ways , but a new companion will soon heal the wounds

Best wishes

Allen

I been there 3 times, know how you feel. However you will come out the other side.

Rich":2qwxgr93 said:
theres alot to be said for trust between man and dog, Rich. :(

Paul I'm so sorry to read this, as Rich has said you can not fully explain to someone who has never had a dog in his / her life just how much trust & joy they can bring to you, money just can not buy that.

It's such a hard decision but one which has to be made at somme stage.

Think about all the happy days the two of you had

Latest posts

Back