Ryobi One + Lithiums...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exigetastic

Established Member
Reaction score
Just really posting a quick note to say how hapy I am with them reallly 8)

Had to put up a 70ft run of fencing today, and I have to say I'm dead chuffed!!!

I used feather edge board, and on one charge managed to brad the lot, + impact drive the rails + use the reciprocating saw on some threaded rod.

All one one charge!

I initially bought the Ryobi kit because of the impact driver, but recently bought the recip saw and nailer with some lithium batts, and have to say for my DIY usage I can't be happier!!! Now want to buy the complete set :oops:

Si.

Si, I'd like some tools like that, can you please direct me to the moneypit? :lol: :lol: :lol:
regards,
Rich.

hi, i to have the lithium batteries. I to think they are excellent, they have allowed me to do much more with the circular saw which always seemed to use the batteries very quickly. Now i can cut 2 sheets of ply 9mm thick into 2x1 and still have half the power left in the battery to use in the drill. One question, has anyone got the 1/4" impact driver and if so how good is it.

Cheers Neil

Yep I've got the Impact driver, and I think it's great! Mind you my skills are far more agricultural than the rest on here :twisted:

I've used the impact driver for constructing a 8ftx8ft tree house, 12x8 shed, 100's of ft of fencing, stacks of decking. You get the picture, lots of 3"+ screws. To be honest it is just the right tool for that sort of work.

Even with the regular NiCd stuff battery life was ample.

I also use it hooked up to the socket set, and it has been handy for undoing rusty nuts /bolts (Especially on things like the blades on my mower)

It has been dropped on more than one occasion (once from 8ft+) and it still works great.

I just wish they sold them as part of a pack, because originally it meant having to buy other items that sit unused 95% of the time! Anyone want to trade an angle screwdriver for a jigsaw :idea:

I have the following bits so far (in order of preference)

1) Impact Driver
2) Recip Saw
3) Nailer
4) 2 Speed Drill /Driver
5) Angle Driver

Obviously have the torch too, but a torch is a torch :lol:

Si

I also have the impact driver. It is excellent. I have put up fencing, decking with it and never had to pilot hole.

One thing I will say is get half decent bits. I used 2" Dewalt bits Pz2 and ended up going through 6 of them. Next time I will use something like Wera impact driver bits

Back