Rutland router new

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psPr ... i?promo=18

I would like to consider this machine over the next few hours.

I assume it is a fixed router to this table?

They state all bits will fit, does that mean there are interchangle aperture inserts, (I can not see any indication of this, suppose I want to fit a 75mm profile cutter?)

What happens to dust that is not going out of that top outlet?

Is it going to be a noisy motor?

Oh are those fence gadgets extra?

I tempted because it can always be returned with internet buying as not suitable?

i have just been having a look at this. seems a reasonable bit of kit for hobby use. I dont think it comes with replacable inserts- that is one thing that I looked for and couldnt find. It will be interesting to see how effective dist collection is, and the quality of the top/fence. Unfortunately I fear that it will be cheaply made and poor quality...

It does appear to come with everything in the picture which is good!

At 1500 it is reasonbly powered
it comes with all the bits shown in the photo
it also comes with two collets 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch so it will be able to use virtually all router bits
it has a 70mm dust extraction port that appears to be at the top but it may also suck from below (without seeing it in the flesh its hard to say)
I do notice that the insert that is fitted has screws so i would assume that it has some other inserts with it like the older version of it did
I do notice that the top is not drilled to accept a lead in pin but that is an easy fix
I would assume that with it being pressed steel that its going to be noisy

All in all i dont think its to bad for the hobbiest but one mans meat is another mans poison LOL

Roger

Back