RP Sabre 250; anyone have one

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mel769

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm wanting to buy a new benchtop bandsaw, I cannot physically go any bigger than a 10" benchtop model due to space constraints. Anyone have the Sabre 250 ? If so how do you rate it; any issues or niggles ? Also was seriously considering the Axminster professional AP1854B but it's way too heavy at 60 Kg. I will need to pick up the bandsaw regularly to create space. So yeah almost sold on the Sabre but is there anything else of similar dimensions worth a look ?
Thank

I’ve got one, never had any issues with it. I can’t comment on its power as I’ve only used 6tpi blades on it and the thickest pieces I’ve cut on it have been 50mm (oak) which it did easily. I usually use the big bandsaw at work for cutting bigger pieces.
I’d imagine the sabre would be ok for thicker stuff, a while ago I had the regular 250 and, using a tuff saws 3tpi, it would cut 4” hardwood but it was slow. I think the sabre has a slightly beefier motor.

I got the rp wheel stand (lever pedal type) I’d recommend it. Even though it’s a small, it’s still pretty heavy (especially if you’ll be moving it a lot)

I can take some photos of the machine if there’s anything specific you’d like to see.

I have it - I do occasionally move it from the workbench to sit on a B&D Workmate outside if doing lots of work with it.
Used it recently to go through wood from a felled tree and as long as it fitted within the capacity of the throat it handled the wood...
I use it with Tuffsaw blades, but for its size it is superb - a good blade on it and it cuts beautifully and straight... - super bit of kit - would only ever replace it if I had space to upgrade to a larger one...

Back