Royal British Legion display cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
royalbritishlegiondisplaycabinetjune2011w.jpg

plaquew.jpg

I am pleased to state I was honored with the request to make a display cabinet by Mrs. Ena Pethick for a trophy won by this small local branch of the RBL.

I was offered a payment and expenses which I declined.

The reason I did not make a charge was that I was 2 years old and my birthday was on the 3rd September 1939 the day the 2nd World War started and at the time I lived in North London, approx. 50 yards from the L.N.E.R. main railway line. I can tell you this was a hot spot and target of the German Luftwaffe for a number of years because there was a viaduct, a bridge and a long tunnel all within a four hundred area.
I can recall at the age of around 3 years, search lights, tracers, bombs falling within yards and daytime the RAF was also in the sky, in combat.

I thank all those men of the armed services for my well being today and I am sure without their brave and dedicated commitment I would not be here posting this notice today.

Nice work and I admire your sentiment, coming from a family with many military ties it is nice to see our boys appreciated for what they do.

James

Lovely. So nice of you to help the RBL out. I get the feeling that lots of people see Help for Heroes as the main service charity at the moment, wheres the RBL has such a broader remit. That said, I undertand that the wider interest in service charities has helped them all out so it isn't all bad.

I have a neighbour who is also in the RBL and would be so proud as to what you have done for them so thank you from him as well and as a woodworker thank you from me as that is a nice piece of work , i also like the reason why you gave them the display case as well.
Great job.
Thanks Tim

DW wrote

I thank all those men of the armed services for my well being today and I am sure without their brave and dedicated commitment I would not be here posting this notice today.

+1

Sadly some 72 years later our young men are still fighting to try and keep us safe.

Cheers

Mike

=D> =D> =D> Woody.

And yes, it is sad they are still sending our boys and girls to Foreign shores, 'in defence of our Country'. :?

John :)

Latest posts

Back