Router Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OllyK

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, about time to start another workshop project, a combined Router table and SCMS station.

Design to date

RouterTable.jpg

Plan is to have some extension tables that store in the bottom slot, still working out how best to mount them when they are in use.

I look forward to seeing the progress. :wink:

How will this allow you to use your router table and SCMS at the same time? :?

Olly

Looks good as a router table but I fail to see how you are going to combine it with the SCMS, unless you intend removing the SCMS while you use it as a router table.

I'm hoping to cut into the middle of my makeshift workbench soon, and have it as a router table also, thats if it's possible, so I'll e watching for ideas.

Looks good and I am sure you have thought about the following questions: Are the groves on the side for the fence?
Also don't you need a track in front of the router?
What are you doing for dust extraction?

Rod

Waka":18f70r9j said:
Olly

Looks good as a router table but I fail to see how you are going to combine it with the SCMS, unless you intend removing the SCMS while you use it as a router table.

Exactly that, the SCMS will be removed when when using it as a router table. Space is at a premium in my shop so things have to double up.

Harbo":1jhyuwux said:
Looks good and I am sure you have thought about the following questions: Are the groves on the side for the fence?
Also don't you need a track in front of the router?
What are you doing for dust extraction?

Rod

No, the grooves are for extension tables.

Still undecided on the fence approach, my current table has 2 insert nuts in the table top and the fence has slots so the top is uncluttered. I may go for 1/2" t track yet, still pondering. Yes I'll move the large t track from my current table to the front of this table for the mitre slot.

Dust extration will be 2.5" out of the back and also from the fence in to a 2.5" HP extraction initially, possible running in to a 4" later on when I get that sorted.

Back