Router table "T" track

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemsby

Established Member
Reaction score
I am a bit confused which size “T” track I should choose for my router table project, there seem to be 1/2" & 3/4" sizes available. I would like to fit them in the table & fence.

I am using a 40mm thick table It would seem logical to choose the larger size but not sure if that is necessarily the case :? .

Advice & suggestions would be most welcome.

Keith

i always regarded the 1/2" as the normal one. rutlands have it on offer from time to time, and it comes down to a tenner a length if you buy 4. from memory.

It would depend on what you are going to use in the track, we sell a fair amour of each size from Incra or you may wish to cover both options by using a Woodpecker Combo track.

This is a cut and paste from our description.

Woodpecker Combo Track is a combination of T-Track and T-Miter Channel. It's most common application is in router tables. By using this track instead of simple miter channel, you add the ability to easily attach feather boards as well as use cross slide fixtures like Coping Sleds and miter gauges.

Woodpecker Combo Track is anodized for wear resistance and low friction. Unlike most track, it attaches from underneath using standard hex head bolts or nuts. This method is much easier and significantly stronger than screwing down track from the top. Pull out from heavy clamping is virtually eliminated.

Available in 32” and 48” lengths. Cuts easily with carbide tipped blades. Track is 2 1/4" wide x 1/2" tall.

Cheers Peter

Just to paraphrase what Peter Sefton said, in my recent Router table project I found that the correct T-Track size was 1/2" (for fixing featherboards, jigs, clamps etc). The 3/4" size, which I also purchased, is designed for a Mitre Gauge to slide in.

Thank you for the replies, now I understand the different use for track & mitre channel #-o

Regards,

Keith

rovers63":2ghqu9k3 said:
Does anyone have a photo of their set up? Looking at making one and any phtos would help.
Cheers

+1

Been given a basic router table I would like to upgrade by adding track.

Terry

Latest posts

Back