router cutter stuck in collet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rog

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all - its been a while since i've been here.. need some advice.

I have a makita 3612 mounted in a jessm routalift. Every time i put a half inch shanked cutter in it it gets stuck - So tight I have to hammer on the lock nut to release it.

Am i doing something wrong? any ideas?

cheers Rog

Are you aware there is a double lock you have to loosen the nut twice to finally release it also check for muck in the collet .

Hi,

Have you pushed the collet right into the nut? it clips in so when you wind the nut out it pulls the collet up and releases the cutter.

Pete

As Pete said, you loosen the nut, then keep unwinding it until it 'tightens' up again, at which point it releass the cutter

Thanks Guys, I didnt realise that the 3612 had the double lock feature, So I just slacken the lock nut the keep unwinding it, I should feel it go loose then tight then loose - is that correct?

I will try tonight.

Cheers rog

i know this sounds a bit barbaric, but i had an sds max bit stuck in the drill a while back, and after much wd40 etc i put some heat on it (blow torch) which loosened it up enough to get it out.
Shrinks the metal or something, all to do with physics!
Try this at your own peril, but if all else fails.......

Back