Rotex RO 125 sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm toying between the Rotex 150 and 125 sanders. I can't see the added benefit of the 150 over the 125 apart from the increase in sanding disc sizes. The handle/grip design on the 125 looks a nicer feel to the 150, has anyone used both of these to comment on that.

I'm really interested in the 3 functions these sanders offer, the rough sand , the smooth sand and the polisher. Has anyone used all three on a job? My interest is in the rough sand mode at the moment for a job i have coming.

How well will the extraction on the sander work if connected to a "non festool" extraction unit i wonder

Andy

Having tried both at the last Axminster show I bought the Metabo. It might not be quite as agressive, but vibrated less and was over £100 cheaper. Not really a helpful answer though, I guess... :roll:

If you're considering a Festool Rotex sander be sure to wait a couple of weeks. As far as I know, Festool will be introducing a new Rotex RO 150 quite soon, more precisely, at the woodworking show that takes place in Nürnberg, Germany, at the end of this month.
Basically, while 125 mm vs. 150 mm doesn't seem to make an important difference, a 150 mm dia sanding disk offers approx. 45 % more sanding surface than a 125 mm dia disk.
As for the Metabo, I guess "cambournepete" is referring to the SX E 450 Duo This sander's technology is definitely not comparable to a Rotex. It's out of my English abilities to explain the difference but if you ever the chance to try a Rotex in the aggressive mode you will realize it.
However, Festool is not the only company that sells real dual mode sanders.
Sanders with similar modes are the Bosch GEX 150 Turbo, the Mafell UX 150, the Kress 900 MPS and the Makita BO 6040.

Hope this helps,

Christian

The 150 will work faster then the 125 - an essential pre-requisite if you are a professional woodworker.

Scrit

Latest posts

Back