Rotating joint for ducting.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martlewis

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can get a rotating joint fo 100mm flexible spiral ducting? I have a relatively long hose to the table saw as I have to move it around to make space a lot. Problem is that when I turn the table onto another wall the hose twists and tries to kink. I either need a rotating right-angle conector to bolt onto the back of the table saw cabinet, or an in-line coupler which rotates in the middle.

Any ideas please?

Martin

I don't know o0f any rotating b its that are on the market for this, but you could try one of the slightly over sized connectors that you just push onto a hose coupling then if you have to move the saw to the other side you just pull apart and reconnect in a matter of seconds.

What you are talking about is sometimns referred as an articulating or ball joint and they are certainly sold for use with CNC routers, however they're normally a lot bigger diameter than 100mm and I can attest to the fact that they aren't cheap (a 250mm one set me back albout £200 5 years back). A cheaper approach might just be to have a quick release coupling (I believe that APTC sell those)

Scrit

Back