Rigid vs. Triton

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigs

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at the spindle/belt sander, they look to be the same machine....Rigid in US, Triton here. is it the same machine just rebadged? they seem very popular in the US and i'm not sure i have room for the real thing i want..a big edge sander.

cheers

Triton seem to be their own company and do have unique designs in some of their tools and machines Rigid on the other hand seem to be a re-badger much like Charnwood

Last edited:
Hi

I looked into buying a drum sander and had the same issues with this end of the range where they all look similar just different colors and badges. When comparing look at the overall weight as that can give you an idea. I found that people had found some brands were better in respect of the table flatness and build quality, Triton being ok. Other brands are Clarke, Von Haus, Schepach, Rutlands and there are others. I decided to look at the next level up which boils down to Axminster or Record and again they obviously come out of the same factory and are in essence the same machine althought you get more drums with the Axmister and with Record they are extras.

I think i need to just make some space to fit an edge sander and a drum sander :) I just was looking how the rigid and triton belt/spindle sanders looked the same

They are the exact same design along with draper/sealey rutlands and a few others but different build components in quality and standards. I have the Triton belt/spindle sander and in a low volume shop it is perfectly more than adequate to meet the average persons needs. A big pencil rubber is essential to clean the belts/tubes.

Latest posts

Back