Reducing bushes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pswallace

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, My local builders merchant is selling off some FREUD saw blades at discount. One blade I am considering buying is a 10", 80 tooth ,TCG ,2.8 kerf /2.2 plate, 30mm bore, The problem is my saw has a 1" arbor,I do have a reduction bush at 2mm thick and I just want to check that I have this whole reducing bush thing right before I spend my hard earned. So as long as the reducing ring is thinner than the plate of the blade all should be well..? I should also point out that I recently bought my first stationary table saw (10" SIP) and did not think that the 1" arbor would be a problem until I realized all my blades from what now seems like my 'little De-walt' will all need reducing bushes. I also had a shaky moment when I matched a 2mm bushing to a 2mm plate,the blade vibrated violently and scared the cr*p out of me. 'just one more thing, why is it so hard to get blades with 1" bores ??? Thank you ,Phil.

Back