Recycling and recycled 'Council Tax Bands'.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shultzy":3na79oa6 said:
Grinding One":3na79oa6 said:
...they have magnates that pick it clean

We have bank magnates who pick us clean :lol: Isn't English wonderful :lol:

That's why I convert all my money to copper. :lol:

(Although, the newest 'copper' coins here are not copper any more, because they do respond to a magnet.) :wink:

Benchwayze":21ftrsvi said:
However you slice it Pete, I am paying more tax this year than last, and my house, according to my postcode, has reduced in value by a bigger percentage. So if tax is a percentage of house value, tax should reduce and I don't see where the 'flaw in my argument' lies!
The value of your house as it was or would have been in 1991 hasn't changed though, so your band hasn't changed, so your council tax keeps going up.

Odd this, coming from me.. the perennial critic of the 'greenie-guff' ... but the truth of that is actually that I agree totally with conserving resources and energy wherever possible,

anyway.. I digress ... I heard this idea on the radio the other day, and it makes a lot of sense to me...

It follows on from the 'Parliament / Buck House 24/7 Lighting' post earlier ... and concerns road lighting.. the miles upon miles upon miles of road lighting ... The idea posed, was to turn off every Second ( or possibly third ) light that illuminates the miles of motorway / Dual carriageway, thus cutting the energy consumption dramatically.
To me, that makes sense.

Hope I don't cause poor Mike Garnham to choke on his coffee.. but that kind of 'conservation / Green thinking' seems to me to be a very good idea indeed. ( Sorry Mike, :wink: :D 8) )

I share the same doubts and criticisms of some of the 'lip-service' measures, which, as we seem to hear about all too often are just plain daft.. sending 'nasties' over to China etc for processing, at huge costs on many levels .... but for certain, there must be similar moves that can be made, like the road lighting idea.. that kind of thinking makes perfect logic.
Very difficult to argue with that kind of thinking :wink:

Latest posts

Back