Record Power show prices?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust=manglitter

Established Member
Reaction score
I am considering a bandsaw upgrade and have been looking at the Record Power BS400 - particularly having seen such positive reviews on this forum. My question is do Record usually have good show prices at Yandles??

I received an email from them about the show at Snainton Woodworking Supplies which showed some of the show prices (as below screenshot), but Yorkshire is a little far for me. I am however planning on going to the Yandles spring show (for the first time) so from others' experience would the deal be comparable to that shown below??

1192b16d2f9de8cd936126a2551cb10b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes. if you know that you want that model, you could ring and have it delivered at the show price. If you want to have a look at it first, that doesn't help.

you can prob get free delivery too, if it clinches the deal?

RP always offer exactly the same show prices at each of their dealers, usually £100 off their published "seasonal" promotional price which is a marketing persons euphemism for regular price.

So whether you buy it at Yandles show or Paskins or D&M tools makes no odds, the price will always be £100 off their regular price. The bit which is NOT published is the free delivery as Marcros says. That YOU need to negotiate and trust me they will concede at the shows because the dealers want the business and I think RP pick up the subsidy for the delivery.

When I bought mine I bought it from the Paskins show by phone, never attended and in fact its miles from where I live. I just called the RP rep on the first morning of the show and said I wanted a BS400 and free delivery and if he said yes my credit card was doing a dance by the phone receiver!! Piece of cake to be honest. Also, it doesn't matter a jot where you live in relation to the dealer you buy if from because all the warranty work is performed by RP's own support team (that would be Alan). The dealer doesn't really figure once the sale is done so personal attendance at the show is completely unnecessary unless you want to fiddle with it and kick the tyres etc.

However...I'll be at Yandles so obviously you'll want to go and buy me a coffee :)

That's a good point that I forgot to mention....choose a dealer you think is safe!! Personally I would go with either D&M or Yandles. Both are very going concerns. But again, once the sale is complete it's not really a biggy as I say because it's RP who manage all the support in the event of warranty claims.

Run that saw before you take it home...with a new "record power" blade if you have to.
Then switch to a Tuffsaws one if the saw works
Good luck

Glynne":2qb2ftze said:
In case you're thinking of doing what Bob did with Paskins - they have unfortunately gone out of business.

Ohhhh, that's some news I hadn't heard about Glynne. I have used them qite often, although not for several months now. Was there an announcement?
Malcolm

Thanks all for the input. So that's another reason for me to go to the Yandles show (and another reason for the OH to try to stop me going :p )

And thanks Bob... In case you wondered it was reading your in depth review that pushed me towards the BS400 in the first place :D

Back