Record Power DML 320 opinions please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeydokey

Established Member
Reaction score
I am considering buying one of these - a couple of years or so old - photos look alright not seen it face to face yet
Would any owners please let me have opinions/drawbacks please thank you

I've had one of those for the best part of 7 years and have no complaints. It doesn't get used "hard" but I've turned bowls up to the maximum size and with the variable speed have had no issues. The speed controller failed early on but that was replaced with no fuss and it's been fine since.

Thanks Roger, does it have a hollow spindle and tailstock? and does it have normal bearings or the older adjustable style that Record used to use?

Yes to all three! You can drive out any morse taper centres you are using through the ends. (The lathe should come with the couple of pieces to use for this).

Well I bought it and wow seriously heavy will have to be bench mounted or on the makers stand.
I will need to discover what is the best height now as my current workbench is I think far to high

Standard reply is that centre should be at elbow height. I find this too low by a couple of inches.

If its too high you could easily make a box/step to stand on at the right height, my lathe came 2nd hand with a stand, the centre sits about level with my elbow and I find it very comfortable

Back