Reasons for Emigration Thinks......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WandrinAndy

Established Member
Reaction score
The supermarket just stopped me buying more than 2x16 dispersible aspirins in one shop as they are prevented from doing so by some utterly ridiculous legislation!

How more of a nanny state can we become? :shock:

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Hear Ye,

Ye pathetic ruling-class prats in and around Westminster,

I looped back into the supermarket and bought the extra 2x16 that I wanted in a second "shop",

so shove that in yer pipe and smoke it :D .... What an unnecessary waste of my time!!!! :roll:

WandrinAndy":22t8ii7k said:
The supermarket just stopped me buying more than 2x16 dispersible aspirins in one shop as they are prevented from doing so by some utterly ridiculous legislation!

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall reading that actually, a significant number of suicide attemptees stop and reconsider as soon as something gets in their way, even if it's something as trivial as having to go to a second shop; presuming that's the case, it's not really that ridiculous a piece of legislation after all. (Particularly since overdosing on painkillers, despite being a well-known route, is supposedly a pretty awful way to go.)

They make paracetamol with the antidote built in s you cannot overdose but they are very difficult to find. Ideal for people with memory problems.

John

Buy your painkillers from a supermarket with a phamarcy built in - or better still use your local independant pharmacy - that way you can buy as many as you need - and they are cheaper than the supermarket, (providing you avoid the branded versions).

WandrinAndy":6st9qxam said:
How more of a nanny state can we become? :shock:

Had the same problem, was going on a long trip, didn't know where I might be able to buy Paracetamol so asked for four packets from the supermarket pharmacy, lady said she could sell me two packets and I could put another two packets in my basket, when I got to the checkout some overzealous muppet said I couldn't have the extra two packets and took them off me.

So I paid for the food, went back in the store and picked up two more packets and went out via a different checkout :lol: Anyone with half a brain would know that this is NOT going to stop people topping themselves, it is just the nanny state being pedantic and no one in parliament gives a dam if people are forced to waist time going through the checkouts twice :roll:

But isn't that like saying that a power tool must be supplied with safety equipment.

Simply supplying the equipment covers the manufacturer, in case of an accident, but if you choose to use the tool without it then it's down to you.

Take 1 strip of willow bark (the inner cambium layer) about the size of a rizla paper-make an infusion (tea) with it, that contains more salicylic acid (the synthesised active ingredient in aspirin)-cool and sip-dont give big Pharma your hard earned-their are the biggest criminals on the planet :!:

Over here in Spain you can't buy aspirins, parecetemol or Ibuprufen anywhere but in a pharmacy. There are no pharmacies in supermarkets and the quantity of pharmacies is strictly controlled, every time the subject is broached in parliament there is a big hooha raised by the pharmeceutical profession who want it to stay this way (they're known to be one of the richest professions in the country). And aspirins, parecetemol and Ibuprufen are a lot more expensive than in the UK.

Asi que, don't emigrate here then. Don't know what all other countries are like, but my experience in travelling suggests that the UK is one of the most liberal places to buy medicines. They do have to be controlled, and even these lighterweight painkillers can do you loads of damage if you're slightly sensitive to them.

heatherw":f9yvegy6 said:
Over here in Spain you can't buy aspirins, parecetemol or Ibuprufen anywhere but in a pharmacy. There are no pharmacies in supermarkets and the quantity of pharmacies is strictly controlled, every time the subject is broached in parliament there is a big hooha raised by the pharmeceutical profession who want it to stay this way (they're known to be one of the richest professions in the country). And aspirins, parecetemol and Ibuprufen are a lot more expensive than in the UK.

Asi que, don't emigrate here then. Don't know what all other countries are like, but my experience in travelling suggests that the UK is one of the most liberal places to buy medicines. They do have to be controlled, and even these lighterweight painkillers can do you loads of damage if you're slightly sensitive to them.

But rather strangely you can buy as many indomiathecin (a strong anti inflammatory)(spelling wrong!) as you want in Spain. I used to be a long term sufferer of gout and these pills were the answer to my pain, I had around fours hours from the onset to excruciating pain and the docs wouldn't prescribe them unless I was having an stack of gout!! Sister in law has a place in Spain and came back with cartons of the things, years of relief thankfully, but I have managed to work out what triggers it in me and now am gout free so don't need the pills anyway but the laws are inconsistent throughout Europe.

Back