Ray Bishops Sign for his

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toesy

Established Member
Reaction score
Was asked by a new friend to make something for his Dads kitchen, so I thought why not say it !

Solid Oak treated with Danish Oil - Oak eats blades :)

Attachments

• Ray Bishops Kitchen Front.jpg
    Ray Bishops Kitchen Front.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 710
  • Ray Bishops Kitchen.jpg
    Ray Bishops Kitchen.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 710
Another excellent piece from Toesy's saw. Very well defined lettering and the proportions are spot on as usual. Well done.

toesy...nice job and would love to know how you photograph your work to such good effect ?
Thanks in advance.

Scrollerman":161t2xp2 said:
toesy...nice job and would love to know how you photograph your work to such good effect ?
Thanks in advance.

I purchased some colour A3 foam sheets, and then lay one flat against a wall and bend it to the floor (that's the easy way to describe it) that way I get a nice curve, then sometimes I put another joining the one in place to make the floor area bigger.

There you go :) And I use a Digital SLR Camera

chaps...you can achieve the same effect but with greater background flexibility by buying a small fabric light box from any online or actual photography shop. They have multiple different cloth backgrounds and if you want better shadow reduction you shine just regular household lamps through either side and light the subject diffused through the translucent cloth sides. They make a world of difference. They're cheap, light and portable. (£30 type range).

The one I have has backgrounds of white, blue, red, black and a graduated silver. You would ideally mount the camera on a tripod also and have a long depth of field so the focus grabs front to back of the subject. This will often mean a longish exposure and hence the need for a tripod to avoid camera shake. It really isn't necessary to go to a huge amount of investment to get reasonable "product" shots but you do need to apply some tlc to the environment (light and declutter) and stability of the camera.

Latest posts

Back