Random orbit sander under £50

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can recommend not getting a silverline one.
Mine is rubbish and is dying already.

I'm looking at a dewalt or makita to replace it but they are about £100ish

If you can find a second hand wickes own brand, grey coloured plastic body I would recommend you purchase that. They are made by a german company called Kress its pro gear very good quality and spares are readily available from the manufacture, in my opinion they are every bit as good as the big names yet considerably cheaper.

How about a Metabo FSX200 for £47? I have this ROS and think it's pretty good for the money, especially since it has a 3 year warranty. It doesn't come with a vacuum hose adaptor unfortunately, though one can be bought for not much (I think I paid about £8).

Mark

I have the Makita one. My son brought it for shining up stainless steel and it got a lot of stick for a week or two. It coped fine.

mark aspin":2g4yp30e said:
How about a Metabo FSX200 for £47? I have this ROS and think it's pretty good for the money, especially since it has a 3 year warranty. It doesn't come with a vacuum hose adaptor unfortunately, though one can be bought for not much (I think I paid about £8).

Mark

That looks very similar to the Bosch one.

I don't know what it s about the FFX website but it always freezes the iPad when I go on it.

How about just buying new steel sanding disc Roto rasp for your angle grinder (if you already own one).You will be surprised with speed it removes stock.It is durable, reusable and so efficient you can use it for shaping as well. Have a look http://www.rotodistribution.co.uk

Latest posts

Back