Quick question on wonder dog & pups

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are a singular and a bit rubbish, the bench blades look better or make your own.

What makes you say they are a bit rubbish? I've always got on ok with mine. Useful gadgets IMO. Never seen those Bench Blades before, are they new?

I'm also a fan. I have one and, as I don't have room for an end vice, a Wonder Dog does duty for it instead. Most effective.

Boz

Thanks for the replies.

I'm also a fan. I have one and, as I don't have room for an end vice, a Wonder Dog does duty for it instead. Most effective.

My new bench won't have an end vice which is why I was considering these. I thought two would be more useful, how do you get on with just one Boz?

I've not seen the bench blades either. Whilst they look effetive they haven't got as much flexibility as the wonder dogs with the long thread which puts me off slightly. [/quote]

Matt_S":2k1pyo98 said:
My new bench won't have an end vice which is why I was considering these. I thought two would be more useful, how do you get on with just one Boz?
So far I've not needed more that one. I've only got single rows of dog holes front/back and laterally, so a pair would be overkill for me. If you had another row across the back maybe a second one would be of use?

Boz

My only comment on the Wonder Dogs is that the block is a little thick. So if you're planing thin stock then you have to use a long-ish spacer.

I own two and I use them together about 50% of the time. For general planing or scraping of a board I use them singly.

I really like the look of their new long one too. But it's a lot of pennies.

Wonder Pups and Wonder Dogs are very useful for numerous clamping operations. For example, when working on something circular, use two Pups like this

Tabletop3.jpg

And on the other side, slip a shaped block over a dog, like this

Tabletop4.jpg

Also useful for holding tall pieces stable, like this

Competition19.jpg

Very useful and highly recommended :D

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Latest posts

Back