Quartz / Halgen heating

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majorlarf

Established Member
Reaction score
Are the above heaters any good?
Don't feel the cold that much as i go to work in a t-shirt during the winter.
But would like to buy a heater to take the chill off of the workshop now & again.
Any Advice Welcome

I use an oil filled radiator, one of those Delonghi Dragons, works great at keeping the chill off my shop. Heats an area 8x16ft.

Martin.

No experience of quartz/halogen heaters I'm afraid, I also use a 1.5Kw oil filled rad running off a timer to give a bit of background heat to the 'shop. My heater is a very slim one so it goes against a wall without taking up too much space. I have an air gap of 50mm between the rear panel and a 25mm foil covered slab of polystyrene and then comes the insulated 'shop wall. If its really cold I just stick it on about an hour before I want to start work and it will raise the temp to about 50f in about an one and a half hours or so. For a bit of instant heat I use a 1Kw convector heater. Shop size is 20'x12' - Rob

I got a small 800W halogen heater - it gives off a bright light which also contains an element of infra-red, so if you stand near it, the bits of you that are illuminated by it feel warm. Other than that it seems to have little effect. Pretty useless, I'd say!

innesm":jhuqe0mq said:
I got a small 800W halogen heater - it gives off a bright light which also contains an element of infra-red, so if you stand near it, the bits of you that are illuminated by it feel warm. Other than that it seems to have little effect. Pretty useless, I'd say!

Indeed, it works by heating objects not the air, so if you walk out of it's range it's useless.

I use a 3kW convector heater. On the highest setting it takes the chill off the room in about 5 minutes and then gets switched onto the lowest setting with the thermostat to keep it that way.

Davy

As my Garage/ Workshop is attached to my house, I extended my central heating system and installed a long radiator on the wall of my Garage/ Workshop/ Playroom!!

works well for me

Back