Pugh's Mega-Auction Sat 9th January Ledbury

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Pugh's annual mega-auction is on again this year - Sat 9th Jan - Ledbury. Lots to do and see in Ledbury so fun for all the family! Been down today for a sneak preview and there's some good stuff in there.

Sounds like it could be worth investigating.
Do you know if there is an online catalogue of items for this year?

fraxinus":2rezpa8d said:
Sounds like it could be worth investigating.
Do you know if there is an online catalogue of items for this year?

Yes there should be although it only comes out closer to the date. You'll find it here

You might be interested in the results of last years' auction here

If you've never been before, it's worth going and if you are partial to bacon butties then the onsite catering does a mean one. Or if you are more up-market then wander into town and sample French patisserie at Chez Pascal. Some good pubs as well.

Here's a photo of some wood from a few years back.
P1060645.jpg

Attachments

• P1060645.jpg
    P1060645.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 284
RogerS":17yerklo said:
Pugh's annual mega-auction is on again this year - Sat 9th Jan - Ledbury. Lots to do and see in Ledbury so fun for all the family! Been down today for a sneak preview and there's some good stuff in there.

Had it in mind to come to this. What is the usual form, is there a viewing period before the auction? Is the auction all day on the Saturday?

Thanks,
Terry.

Wizard9999":35s8okwu said:
RogerS":35s8okwu said:

Had it in mind to come to this. What is the usual form, is there a viewing period before the auction? Is the auction all day on the Saturday?

Thanks,
Terry.

Terry...usually viewing Friday afternoon or on the morning of the sale ...from 8am IIRC but check the weblink above. Be good to meet you !!

4. In the case of Lots upon which there is a reserve, the auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the Vendor.

Thanks Roger, I will keep checking back. Might be worth a trip as I'm heading back to Bristol on Saturday night anyway, so it's sort of on the way. And I'm sure there will be some items that will be useful for the workshop.

Cordy":boamxprd said:
4. In the case of Lots upon which there is a reserve, the auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the Vendor.

Your point? It's a standard condition in most auctioneers Terms and Conditions....Google it.

I have exchanged a couple of emails with the auctioneer (they seem extremely efficient and helpful). The catalogue should be online next Wednesday. It is a bit tight to make a call on attending, but I think I'll pencil in anyway. But as it is a two hour drive for me it will mean an early start and / or very little time to view before the auction starts.

Terry.

Quite a mixed bag of tools! Everything from top end Holtey planes (interesting to see what they go for!) to a whole heap of car boot tat (but maybe one man's rubbish ........).

Have fun to all those going and be lucky!

Simon

Back