Public Announcement Concerning 10,000th post

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people, and you know who you are, are finding it terribly amusing to wind me up to increase my posting rate. Heck, I found it mildly amusing the first half a dozen times and mildly irritating the next six :roll: but by the time I get to 10,000 you'll have either driven me nuts or I'll have had to go away and stop posting all together for my own sanity. At the moment I'm looking favourably at the latter option which'd mean no-one would win. C'mon, guys, it's not fair on other entrants and frankly it's not fair on me. Your choice.

Cheers, Alf

That's another one...... :twisted:

Sorry Alf. ( I didn't enter by the way )

im sure no harm is intended alf
its a shame your feeling like that ,

sending a group "hug" to make you feel better

Don't go Alf, we'd miss you too much. I'm sure the children will promise to behave from now on. Just wondering though, does sending a message of support count as trying to provoke a reply? (no response expected by the way).

I will first of all state that I have absolutely no axe to grind here, having not entered (Do I hear cries of "Bah, humbug!"?). I am, however, becoming increasingly concerned as to the ramifications of Alf reaching post number 10,000. Will the forum be struck down by a mysterious virus (the Alfeneum Bug?) Will her counter simply reset to zero, and Alf revert to being a Forum Newbie with her links marked "Report to Moderator" and Newbie_Neil welcoming her to the forum? Or will it be like the end of Arthur C. Clarke's story, "The Nine Billion Names of God", where as we watch our screens in amazement, "overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out."?

Please don't respond, Alf, I'm getting a bit paranoid about the possible consequences.

Scrit 8-[

OMG please don't go away for good Alf

We would all miss you for sure. I must say that agreeing to be the 'odds on favorite' in a one horse race (If you see what I mean :) ) was always going to have an element of 'tension' about it.

Of course I've not seen all the posts you are refering too, I think I've seen one which was IMHO fairley mild but the rest might not have been.

Personally I have completely forgotten what date I submitted so I have no idea if I should be urging you on or asking for a slowdown. Either way, bearing in mind I've never won anything in my life the chances of winning this competition, for me at least, are slim to nil :lol:

That's all I have to say 'cos anything more will surely be misinterpreted by someone :roll:

I also didn't enter . I was just having a bit of fun because you wouldn't sell me your caulking irons :lol:

Fair enough Alf, I can see that it could become a tad annoying.

But as soon as the 10000 ticks over I will have to continue goading the hand tool brigade :)

I have noted that your wit and goodness has decreased markedly since this competition thing was started. :cry:

You are practically a celebrity, known in all woodworking circles. woodoworkers, particularly those who use hand tools, are hard to come by in my country (a bit like finding an F1 fan)... those that use handtools follow your work.

I would be disappointed if you stopped posting comments.

Hokie":2l46g08d said:
I have noted that your wit and goodness has decreased markedly since this competition thing was started. :cry.

I think Alf's wit and goodness is a constant. It's just how much of her infinite patience is eaten up by the rest of us that varies. ](*,) ](*,)

Hokie,

I have noted that your wit and goodness has decreased markedly since this competition thing was started.

Maybe its just me but thats all she needs. Sit down, take foot out of mouth and give her a break.

Edit, sorry Jake I didn't see your post there. I read Hokie's saw red and missed yours. I agree with you.

Cheers

Mike

Some of you may be old enough to remember the PG Tips adverts on TV. They dressed chimps up and had them drinking tea.

On one of the adverts a chimp was riding a tandem and he had the catchphrase "Can you ride tandem". Now a friend of mine who was the most laid back person in the world had a tandem and people would shout the catchphrase at him as he rode round Manchester. They all thought it was so funny but it drove him absolutely mad and in the end he had to stop riding it and bought a bike.

Just thought I would share that :D

Okay, kiddies, give Hokie a break. Frankly I wasn't upset 'cos I was too busy nodding and thinking "'tis true". 'Course my folks would want to know who the heck you're talking about anyway - "wit and goodness"? Forsooth, the laughter'd go on for days. :lol:

Anyway, the point has been made and the message received and understood so all's well. Just one thing - why's this been moved? The blasted competition sticky's in General Woodworking. Okay, now I am cross. [-( :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Back