Project Sea Serpent and junk wood projects

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieJ

Established Member
Reaction score
As a bit of fun I've been using any old junk wood or trees that I have knocking about, to make garden features and art work in the garden of the house that we are about to move to, and this leads me to the following.. Last week when I came into work, there had been a fresh delivery of timber and amongst the pile was this lovely curved piece that has a slight shake, so we can't use it.

two-2.jpg

Its about 4800mm long and has a girth of about 450mm. It occurred to me that rather than just log it up, I could find a couple more curved pieces and sink a massive sea serpent into the lawn! :D

I hunted through the back of our pile and have found a piece for the head, so the next job is to find a couple more, then get them home and have a play. I'm going to use slab wood for scales, but I'm open to any ideas or suggestions about the whole project! :)

three-2.jpg

This was last weekends bit of fun, made from off cuts of seasoned oak that I was throwing out!

DSCF8810.jpg

DSCF8820.jpg

More to follow. :)

wizer":29vi8e18 said:
you crazy, crazy crazy man. Love it ;) :lol:

Life's about having fun, and if if gives the local children and adults something to smile about, point at, or discuss, then all the better. :)

Back