Pocket hole jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bob
Do you have a router? If so, you can save yourself some money AND do a better job with a simple jig. The problem with, as far as I can tell, all PH jigs is that there is a tendency for the joint to be pulled up slightly out of flush, because the screw is going in at an angle.

I published such a jig in British Woodworking a couple of issues ago, and I can honestly say that it does a better job, even than the Kreg, which is probably the best of the commercially made ones. It's not quite a fast, but it's not a lot slower either, and the slippage problem is very much reduced.

Email [email protected] and ask him if he has a back issue. He takes PayPal, so your location shouldn't be a problem.

Incidentally, when I was in Italy this summer I tried to find an Italian woody mag and failed, even in the big places like Firenze. Are there any?

Cheers
Steve

thanks for the replay
I have 3 routers and I'm very curious about jour jig........

Woody magazines in Italy? Just one......very jung (only two numbers) "legno-lab"......

Back